by Beth McShane
The new year is here. The event industry often takes nods from runway fashion, the entertainment industry, and pop culture as it formulates ideas for future events. Here is our list of top 5 trends to incorporate in your upcoming events.
5. Bling Bling continues to take many forms in events, from sequin table coverings to rentable chandeliers, look for ways to bring bold cool tones to your table scapes.
photo courtesy ecoswag
4. Swag Swag is going beyond the throw away pens and one use book lights. Think about branding your event with something people will use year-round. Popular choices are branded iPhone chargers, backpacks or first aid kits.
photo courtesy www.nbc.com
3. Ditch the Speaker! Instead of the old model of one person talking in front of hundreds from a one-way communication road, expect more round table events. Think informal meet ups instead of lectures, and other ways that gatherings can be more interactive and less static.
click above to download green event planning guide
2. Go Green! Not the color.Think about using technology to save paper: Electronic contracts with digital signatures, Seating plans using peferct tableplan, digital brochures, and even follow-up correspondence using electronic surveys after the event to track the success of your event.
Click here for 25 Ways To Use Social Media For Your Next Event
1. Get Social!The trend to go social will mushroom in 2012. It is no longer an option for events to embrace social media practices, but a necessity. From QR Codes at conventions to Twitter Hashtags at conferences, it is important to understand and embrace the ins and outs of our digital world in order to offer your attendees the breadth and depth of social media.
Of course, you can always contact The Event Guys to make sure your next event incorporates all of these event trends, and MORE